Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Goooooop!

I remember being a kid in science class and playing with this mysterious substance that was a liquid yet would take form as a solid, it was one of the neatest things... Well recently I came across what appeared to be exactly that. I hadn't thought about it in years, but as soon as I seen the "pin" I knew it was an "as soon as possible" project.  So today we made exactly that: Goop!


It's so simple to make, and there are only 3 ingredients:

1 Cup Water
2 Cups Cornstarch
Food Coloring

 
Place a few drops of food coloring into the water (too much and your hands will likely stain when playing--and believe me this one isn't just for the kids, you'll want to check it out) before slowly pouring it into the cornstarch and mixing once more.  




 It will become tough to mix, but don't give into the urge to add more water to make it easier.  That's it now play away!!







At first our mixture seemed slightly watery, but she played with it long enough that it gradually thickened over time.  This entertained my daughter for hours!  




 
And YES you can stick your toes in!



No comments:

Post a Comment