Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemade Flour Tortillas

So I made these the day before yesterday, but with the busyness that comes along with my one and only daughter starting kindergarten just couldn't find the time to upload the photo and make a new post, but here it is.

Two cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
3/4 cups of warm milk

  • Combine ingredients until dough is formed, then knead dough for 2 minutes on lightly floured surface, and form into a ball.  
  • Put in a covered bowl for 20 minutes to rest.  After resting I divided and rolled into 7 (recipe said 8 but oh well) individual balls then rolled them as thin as I could get them.
  •  Place in frying pan to cook, they don't take long to brown on each side, 30 sec-1 min each side
Not sure if you can tell by the picture, but they did fluff up thicker than store bought, but they tasted fine, and worked for what I used them for, I'd use the recipe again, it was just to simple not to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment