Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Motivational Monday

Most people hate Mondays, but I'm not most people, I love em... getting to start back into routine and having that feeling where if Monday is a great day the rest of the week tends to be as well is nice.  So after a nice coffee out with a friend, and running my morning errands, I've come home to paint my craft room and tackle whats left of my to-list before my daughter gets home, the day has sure melted away that's for sure!

Seen this on Pinterest and knew when I had a small amount of spare time I had to get it done!  Despite my baking addiction most of you know I'm kinda a workout junkie, so to help with time crunch workouts I got to work and created the very simple "Red Solo Cup Workout"

So how it works is you take popsicle sticks, write some random exercises on them (it's fine to double up on some of your favorites--i did) and place them in the cup. Then each morning/day pick out 5 random sticks and do each of them 2 times--the pin said 3 but if I'm going to workout afterwards don't want to over do it. Then at the end of the week put them back in the cup and start over.


Examples:

  • Jumping Jacks (10, 20, 30)
  • Lunges (10, 20, 30)
  • Plank (30 sec, 1 min)
  • High Knees (30 sec, 1 min)
  • Butt Kicks (30 sec, 1 min)
  • Bicep Curls (10, 20, 30)
  • Plank Jacks (10, 20, 30)
  • Mountain Climbers (30 sec, 1 min)
  • Squats (10, 20, 30)
  • Bicycle Crunches (10, 20, 30)
  • Push-Ups (10, 20)
  • Burpees (30 sec, 1 min)
  • Side Lunges (10, 20 --each side)
  • Oblique Crunches (10, 20- each side)


I'm sure there are some that you can come up with that I didn't and I may come up with some later that I'll add to the cup, but gonna try and stick with this all week before my runs and see how it goes, seems like a fun way to vary my workouts so figured I'd share.

Happy workouts!!

Remember: Yesterday you Said Tomorrow... Just Do It!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea :-) I know I like changing up workouts to keep me inspired. More fun that way. Hope you're having a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's been a busy but great week, happy the weekend is here for a little r&r, haha, have a great weekend.

      Delete