Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

So with thanks to our local grocery store and my husband being one of the produce guys, I managed to score this beautiful box of bananas for $3.00 originally I called it a "case" but my husband has corrected me and said a case comes with a lot more, to me this looked like a lot--I used one bunch for the below listed snack that is not in the picture :)




So now the question is what to do with all these bananas?!  This mornin I got to work!
To add to my list of frozen treats first on the agenda was banana bites, I've done them before and my daughter and I like them, my husband not so much, so you be the judge :)

Slice bananas and lay them all on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.  Add peanut butter.



Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (I use chocolate chips) in 10 second increments, careful not to burn.  (As I've said I've done this before and when I first did it I melted just the chocolate chips by themeselves, this time I added about 2 Tbsp of milk and found it worked slightly better as the chocolate wasnt as thick and didn't freeze solid, yes its a gooey mess to eat but almost ice cream treat like!


One at a time drop banana pieces into bowl, and use spoon to cover with chocolate, I found if you try to roll them in the chocolate most of the peanut butter will come off, then use a fork to lift the pieces out.  Freeze and once frozen remove from tray and store in container in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment