Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Corn Dog Mini Muffins!

I told you I loved my mini-muffin pans!  The sight of these made me think "pogo" and "the fair", and with this recipe you get the best of both worlds as it is baked and not deep fried.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil (you could use applesauce to make them healthier)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package hot dogs (I used approx 7)
  Preheat oven to 400°, Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls 

Gently mix together wet and dry ingredients, stirring only to coat. Be careful not to over mix here or you will have tough, dry muffins. There might be small lumps in your batter, and that is okay.  Be sure to grease your pan (I used Pam).  Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Be sure not to fill all the way to the top or they will be too full once you add your hotdog-- which you will see I didn't follow directions, haha.

Cut hotdogs and place one in each cup
Bake for 10-15mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, be sure to watch them though as every oven is different and overcooked cornbread will be tough and dry.  I think they took slightly less than 10 mins in my oven, but as I've said in prior posts I've found propane cooks faster.


Remove from pan while still hot to avoid over cooking, and enjoy!  I really liked these and was impressed with howeasy they were to make, so made a 2nd batch to freeze and use for Brook-Lynns lunches....I'm going to try thawing them and mircrowaving to see how that works, but I would THINK to avoid soggy muffins the best bet would be to reheat in the oven  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment